If you suffer from neck pain in Honolulu, HI, Dr. Charles Smith at Smith Family Wellness provides several effective treatment methods to help you experience relief.
Effects of Neck Pain
The neck contains the cervical spine. It is made up of muscles, joints, and nerves that help support the head and several functions of the body. When any of these components are injured or overused, it can create a great deal of pain and suffering.
Neck pain can make daily life difficult. You might find it hard to turn your head from side to side. It can cause headaches, irritability, and can impact your ability to concentrate. Even worse, the pain can extend across the entire upper body, impacting your chest, arms, and shoulders.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
The causes of neck pain are as varied as the people who suffer from it. However, there are some common causes, including those listed below.
- Injuries: Injuries, such as whiplash, can impact the discs, ligaments, muscles, joints, and nerves in and around the neck.
- Aging: As people age, the joint cartilage in the neck wears down, which can lead to neck pain.
- Stress: When you are stressed, the body often tightens up, especially around the neck and shoulders.
- Overuse: Repetitive movements, such as those used at work, can lead to tension and pain.
- Health conditions: Rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis, and some other illnesses and diseases can lead to neck pain.
- Improper posture: Poor posture puts unnecessary pressure on different components of the neck.
- Weight: Like posture, being overweight or obese can put undue pressure on the spine, which can affect the neck.
How to Address Neck Pain in Honolulu, HI
Dr. Smith at Smith Family Wellness is dedicated to helping you achieve relief from neck pain. As such, he offers several treatment options, including the following.
- Spinal adjustments: Adjustments are effective at realigning the spine and taking unnecessary pressure off of ligaments, nerves, and muscles that might contribute to your neck pain.
- Activator adjustments: These are a gentler method of adjustment that can still provide the same effects as traditional adjustments.
- Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy is used to stretch and strengthen the neck to help address pain, weakness, and tension.
- Laser bed: Laser beds utilize low-level laser therapy to help address and reduce inflammation and pain in and around the neck.
After an initial examination, Dr. Smith will determine the best treatment plan for your needs.
Address your neck pain in Honolulu, HI with an experienced and committed partner. Schedule your appointment with Dr. Smith at Smith Family Wellness by calling (808) 922-3244 today.